Sindh Police break silence on Mir Raza murder case after 19 days
Probe reviews medical, chemical, digital evidence as police seek clarifications from forensic agencies, Apple

The Sindh Police broke their silence for the first time in 19 days on the Mir Raza murder case on Tuesday, sharing a police statement and medical reports with the media as a high-level investigation team examines medical, digital, forensic and other evidence.
Raza, 25, was allegedly kidnapped from PECHS before his body was found in bushes near a wedding hall in Gulistan-e-Johar on July 29. The case had initially been surrounded by uncertainty over whether he had been murdered or died by suicide. However, the findings of the second post-mortem consolidated his family’s longstanding claim that he had been murdered. The police probe is facing constant scrutiny by the public because of earlier lapses that were also admitted by the Sindh Police chief.
According to a Sindh Police press release, the investigation team is conducting a detailed review of medical reports, digital evidence and the proceedings of the previous investigation. Information obtained from family members, friends and other relevant sources is also being incorporated into the probe.
The team has so far received two post-mortem reports, one final report and three chemical analysis reports, with the latest chemical analysis report received on August 17. The reports are being subjected to a detailed comparative and critical review, the police spokesperson said.
Read: GSR, CCTV offer new clues in Wafflix owner's murder
The review has identified certain points requiring further clarification and reconciliation, prompting investigators to seek additional information and verification from relevant authorities and institutions.
The police have contacted the Punjab Forensic Science Agency for analysis of mobile phone and smartwatch data, while the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency has been approached to investigate matters related to digital currency.
Officials of Apple have also been contacted for assistance in unlocking the mobile phone, the spokesperson said.
Police said clarification of the unresolved points identified in the chemical analysis report was expected to bring significant progress in establishing links among different aspects of the investigation and the available evidence.
Jibran Nasir raises concern over ‘ambiguities’ in reports
Reacting to the Sindh Police statement, lawyer for the Mir Raza family, Jibran Nasir, expressed concern over the police position that there were ambiguities in the medical and chemical reports.
Following tickers issued by Sindh Police today. We strongly condemn continued approach of Police claiming confusion & lack of clarity in medical & chemical reports of #ShaheedMirRaza. Any attempts to push narrative of suicide will be suicide for Sindh Govt & Police's credibility. pic.twitter.com/UzF0t7T24v
— M. Jibran Nasir 🇵🇸 (@MJibranNasir) August 18, 2026
He said the police’s continued references to confusion and a lack of clarity in the reports were a matter of concern and regrettable.
Nasir stressed the need for a transparent investigation based on the available evidence and reports.
He warned about the suicide narrative in his tweet on X, “any attempts to push narrative of suicide will be suicide for Sindh govt and police's credibility.”




















COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ