CM says will review caretakers’ decisions

Will reshuffle police dept as crime in city, rural areas spiraling out of control


Our Correspondent March 09, 2024
Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah. PHOTO: FILE

print-news
KARACHI:

Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali on Friday announced package for Ramzan, approved Rs5.3 billion for the Safe City project, reviewed policy decisions taken by the Caretaker government, and pledged to form the Provincial Finance Commission within a month.

In his first press conference at CM House after his third oath-taking ceremony, Chief Minister Shah, accompanied by Karachi Mayor Murtaza Wahab and Hyderabad Mayor Kashif Shoro, announced a grant of Rs2000 per family last year and Rs5,000 per family during Ramadan this year. He also mentioned the launch of an anti-hoarding operation under his supervision. t.

Talking about law and order, chief minister expressed dissatisfaction and said "I am not satisfied with the law-and-order situation in the city and even in the rural areas, particularly the riverine belt," he said and added that he has decided to make a major reshuffle in the police department.

Safe city project

Regarding Safe City Project, the CM said that he has approved Rs5.3 billion to start the Safe City project under which Intelligence Video Surveillance (IVS) and Vehicle Management System (VMS) Cameras would installed for technology-led policing in the city of Karachi in the in the first phase and then in other cities of the province.

The street crime in Karachi is on the rise and the kidnapping for ransom incidents have not been brought under control, he said and added therefore he has decided to reshuffle the police department so that the situation could be improved.

Policy review

Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah stated that his elected government would review policy decisions made by the caretaker government, emphasizing their responsibility to manage day-to-day affairs.

Houses for flood-hit people

Shah and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) delegation led by Hong Soo Lee discussed the construction of another 250,000 houses for flood-affected people and agreed to negotiate terms and conditions for a $400 million project.

 

Published in The Express Tribune, March 9th, 2024.

 

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ