Rescue 1122 head in Muzaffargarh urged people to use gas heaters and stoves with care to avoid any untoward incident.
In a statement issued on Thursday, Dr Hussain Mian advised people to close off gas supply from the main valve and to turn off heaters and place them outside the room before going to sleep every night.
He further discouraged switching on electrical appliances or igniting fires in case of a gas leak. Dr Mian further urged to ventilate their houses by opening windows and doors in case of gas leakage. He added that instant geysers should be installed in open spaces instead of closed locations in the house to limit carbon monoxide emissions, which silently cause unconsciousness and death.
He further recommended that heaters be placed away from quilts, blankets or clothes so that they do not cause fires. The public were urged to inform Rescue 1122 immediately in case of any such accident for a swift response.
Published in The Express Tribune, January 13th, 2023.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ