The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) denied as rumours circulating on the social media platforms on Saturday that the Quetta international airport had been closed.
According to Express News, social media posts had claimed that flights from the Quetta had been cancelled for unknown reasons. However, CAA Spokesperson Saifullah Khan said in a statement that there was no truth in these “rumours”.
The spokesperson said that the main runway at the airport was in the process of reconstruction, therefore, it would not be available for flights from November 27. However, he added, a secondary runway was being used.
Khan added that some airlines were adapting their operations to the new situation. The PIA, Serene Air, and Air Sial flights continue, but Air Blue had suspended its operations until December 31.
He added that Fly Dubai cancelled its flight for Sunday while Air Arabia had cancelled Monday’s flight.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ