At least six people, including four women, were wounded in a blast in Quetta's Nawa Killi area on Saturday, said rescue sources.
Following the blast, police and law enforcement agencies cordoned off the area as rescue officials shifted the injured to Quetta's Civil Hospital.
Police officials said the target of the attack was a police mobile deployed in the area and added that at least four kilogrammes of explosive material was used in the remote control blast.
Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo condemned the attack. "Subversive elements want to destroy the province's peace. The protection of citizens' lives and properties is our foremost priority," he said in a statement.
"We will end the chaos of terrorism with the cooperation of the people," he stressed.
Earlier in October, at least one police official was martyred and 13 others were injured in an IED attack on a police vehicle parked at the gate of Balochistan University in Quetta.
Security forces reached the incident site and established a cordon around the area while an emergency was declared at the local Civil Hospital.
Balochistan government spokesperson Liaquat Shahwani confirmed that a motorcycle fitted with an IED was used in the attack and four citizens were also injured in the attack.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ