At least 11 people were injured on Tuesday when an improvised explosive device (IED) mounted on a motorcycle exploded near Chief Chowk in Kharan Bazar, Balochistan.
According to reports, the injured had been shifted to the DHQ Hospital and were reported to be stable.
Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo condemned the blast in the district, calling it an act of terrorism and ordered an inquiry.
“Anti-state elements want to disrupt peace in the province,” said CM Bizenjo. “The people of the province stand by their security forces to eradicate the scourge of terrorism,” he added.
The provincial chief executive directed authorities concerned to provide the best medical facilities to the injured - identified as Abid Meerza, SanaUllah, Faisal Ibrahim, Muhammad Asif, Abdul Malik, Nazir Ahmed, Mohammad Essa, Ikhlaq Ahmed, Munir Ahmed and Ahmed Khuda Baksh.
Earlier, a soldier of Frontier Corps (FC) embraced martyrdom when terrorists targeted a water bowser through a pressurised IED on M-8 motorway near Hoshab in Balochistan, according to a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
The military's media wing said that Sepoy Kifait Ullah was a resident of Sibi. "A sanitisation operation is in progress to apprehend the perpetrators of the attack," it added.
The ISPR further said that “such cowardly acts by inimical elements, backed by Hostile Intelligence Agencies (HIAs) cannot sabotage the hard-earned peace and prosperity in Balochistan”.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ