Rs30m allocated for tourist buses

An official says the buses will provide tourists with a blend of tradition and modernity in Multan


APP August 21, 2019
REPRESENTATIONAL IMAGE

MULTAN: Deputy Commissioner Amir Khattak stated on Tuesday that Rs30 million had been allocated to operate two double-decker buses with the aim of providing tourists a blend of tradition and modernity while enjoying scenic and historical points of Multan.

Presiding over a meeting to discuss the bus operations, the DC said that the route will be chosen in order to allow the tourists to see all historical places, monuments and mausoleums in one tour.

He added that the fare for the buses will also be lesser than that being charged in Lahore. “Moreover, special commentary will enlighten tourists about the historical significance of the ancient city,” he said.

Officials informed the DC that three terminals would be established for the buses at Chaman Zar-e-Askari, Qasim Fort and Shah Shams Park. T The buses will be air conditioned with a capacity of holding 60 passengers.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 21st, 2019.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read