Blind man perishes in Multan house fire

Victim was alone in the house when fire broke out, authorities say


APP July 28, 2019
PHOTO COURTESY: PINTEREST

MULTAN: A blind man was burnt to death in a house fire in Multan on Sunday with authorities believing the coal burning in his huqqa caused the blaze.

The incident took place near the Nazimabad Mumtazabad area.

The victim, identified as Abdul Hameed, was alone smoking his huqqa when the fire started owing to burning coals, according to Rescue 1122.

As a result, Hameed was burnt to death.

Rescue officials later reached the spot, shifted the body to a hospital and controlled the fire.

This is not the first time a house fire has taken the lives of citizen in Punjab, as earlier in May three minors had burnt to death in a house fire in Lahore.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read