Blind man perishes in Multan house fire

By APP
Published: July 28, 2019
Email

MULTAN: A blind man was burnt to death in a house fire in Multan on Sunday with authorities believing the coal burning in his huqqa caused the blaze.

The incident took place near the Nazimabad Mumtazabad area.

The victim, identified as Abdul Hameed, was alone smoking his huqqa when the fire started owing to burning coals, according to Rescue 1122.

As a result, Hameed was burnt to death.

Rescue officials later reached the spot, shifted the body to a hospital and controlled the fire.

This is not the first time a house fire has taken the lives of citizen in Punjab, as earlier in May three minors had burnt to death in a house fire in Lahore.

Facebook Conversations

Leave Your Reply Below

Your comments may appear in The Express Tribune paper. For this reason we encourage you to provide your city. The Express Tribune does not bear any responsibility for user comments.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.

More in Pakistan