TODAY’S PAPER | February 20, 2026 | EPAPER

Moto Gp: Capirossi to miss Italian GP

for the first time in 20 years after fracturing two ribs last week, said his Pramac Ducati team.


Reuters July 01, 2011 Less than a minute read

ROME: Italian Loris Capirossi will miss his home MotoGP race at Mugello on Sunday for the first time in 20 years after fracturing two ribs last week, said his Pramac Ducati team. The 38-year-old rider, a former 125 and 250cc world champion, also injured his right shoulder when he fell in qualifying for the Dutch TT at Assen last Friday. “I’m obviously very disappointed and angry. I was hoping I would be on the track for this race, but my injuries from the crash at Assen force me to raise the white flag for the first time in my career for Mugello,” said Capirossi.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 1st, 2011.

 

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ