Rashakai SEZ to get $128m initial investment

Rashakai SEZ is the first of the 9 identified SEZs under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)


APP March 28, 2019
Representational image. PHOTO: REUTERS

ISLAMABAD: Around $130 million worth of investment would be made in the Rashakai Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in the first phase, disclosed Special Assistant to K-P Chief Minister on Industry, Commerce and Labour Abdul Karim Khan.

Talking to APP, he said 9% of the investment in the SEZ would be made by the K-P government while the remaining 91% would come from foreign sources, mainly Chinese investment.

Rashakai SEZ, the first of the nine identified SEZs under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), is likely to be inaugurated next month. The special assistant voiced hope that China would soon give its approval for the Rashakai SEZ, which would pave the way for investment of $128 million in the zone.

“Rashakai industrial zone will become the geographical centre of the province besides integrating the entire region,” he said.

Khan pointed out that following promotion of industrialisation in the zone, thousands of new employment opportunities would be created.  

Published in The Express Tribune, March 28th, 2019.

Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read