Five-star hotel's faulty automatic door claims man’s life in Karachi

By APP
Published: January 20, 2019
SHARES
Email

KARACHI  : A young man died on Thursday after his head got stuck in an automatic door at the entrance of five-star hotel in Karachi.

The victim, Sirajuddin’s head got stuck in an automatic door at the entrance of the Mövenpick Hotel.

The young man received critical injuries to his head and face while trying to pass through the door.

He belonged to Balochistan’s Pishin district.

Parents of children who died from food poisoning pardon restaurant owners

Sirajuddin would supply ice to the five-star hotel.

Chairman Senate Standing Committee on Interior Senator Rehman Malik has taken notice of the incident.

Malik has directed inspector general of Police, Sindh and Federal Investigation Agency to probe how a substandard and technically faulty automatic door was installed at the main entrance.

The senator directed the authorities to inform the committee why the  door’s scanner was faulty and who was responsible for its regular surveillance and maintenance.

Facebook Conversations

Leave Your Reply Below

Your comments may appear in The Express Tribune paper. For this reason we encourage you to provide your city. The Express Tribune does not bear any responsibility for user comments.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.

More in Pakistan