Mother throws 3-year-old from burning building in UAE

The boy safely lands in the arms of a passer-by


News Desk January 14, 2019
The boy safely lands in the arms of a passer-by. PHOTO COURTESY: KHALEEJ TIMES

A three-year-old boy was miraculously saved from burning flames after him mother threw her from the second floor of a residential building in the neighbourhood of Ajman, United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Sunday night.

Luckily, the boy safely landed in the arms of a passer-by in Al Nuaimiya 2 area.

An Arab woman and a man jumped off the second and third floors to escape the fire. They sustained serious injures and were immediately send to Khalifa hospital, according to Khaleej Times.

The rescue unit of Ajman Civil Defence was able to rescue a family of seven members that were stranded in the apartment inundated with heavy smoke.

UAE unveils prototype of Hyperloop design

Lt Col Rayed Al Zaabi, deputy director of fire stations in Ajman, said that the fire was caused by a short circuit in a washing machine and it had spread to refrigerator kept in the corridor of the building. The firefighters were able to contain the flames and ensure the safety of the residents.

He also urged the residents of the buildings not to store stuff randomly especially near corridors and emergency exits, and to secure the safety of electrical installations and electronic devices.

This article originally appeared in Khaleej Times

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read