RAHIM YAR KHAN: A woman fell unconscious after being bitten by a venomous snake in Rahim Yar Khan on Monday.
Officials at the hospital told Express News that 40-year-old Jameela Bibi, a resident of Chak No 254-P, was working in the fields when a snake bit her. As a result, she fell unconscious and was brought to the hospital for treatment.
Boy bitten by venomous snake
The increasing incidents of snakebites have created panic among residents of Rahim Yar Khan. In recent months, more than 30 people have been attacked by snakes across the district.
In view of the increasing snakebite incidents, people have demanded that the district administration take measures to counter such attacks in future. They said that venomous snakes, in large numbers, continue to crawl in the fields and in residential areas during day and night time, posing a threat to lives of the people.
Citizens maintained that snakebites claimed several lives over the past few years.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 14th, 2018.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ