Woman, daughter electrocuted in Shadbagh

They accidentally touched high voltage wires that resulted in their deaths


Our Correspondent February 28, 2018
Woman, daughter accidentally touch high voltage wires PHOTO: REUTERS

LAHORE: A 35-year-old woman and her daughter were electrocuted in Shadbagh on Tuesday.

Police said 35-year-old Masooma and her daughter Fatima Noreen tried to pick up a piece of cloth that had fallen on a shed with an iron rod in Chah Meeran area of Shadbagh.

OLMT worker dies of electrocution

However, they accidentally touched high voltage wires that resulted in their deaths. After the incident, the police and rescue teams reached the spot and shifted the bodies to a nearby hospital.

During the incident, victim Masooma’s son Mamoon was also injured and was being treated at the hospital.

Labourers Electrocuted: Monetary help for heirs demanded 

The police also collected forensic evidence from the spot and recorded statements of eyewitnesses. Further investigation was under way.

Published in The Express Tribune, February 28th, 2018.

 

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read