MULTAN: The work on first model graveyard (Shehr-e-Khamoshan) in Multan has been stopped temporarily due to scarcity of funds.
This was said by Mayor Naveedul Haq Aaraen on Tuesday. He added that 85% work on the first model graveyard had been completed, while the remaining work would be completed as soon as the funds would be released. He maintained that the funds were expected to be released during the next week for completion of the pending work.
Naveedul Haq pointed out that the model graveyard was being established in Mumtazabad on 38-kanal area with Rs70 million funds. He said establishment of another such graveyard had also been approved in Fatima Jinnah Colony and work on the project would start in the near future.
Earlier, Chief Minister’s Special Monitoring Unit Head Salman Sufi said the model graveyards would have a toll-free helpline, a hearse and shuttle service to transport the deceased.
Published in The Express Tribune, February 7th, 2018.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ