QUETTA: Students seeking admission to the Government College of Technology, Quetta on merit protested against the delay in approval of the merit list. The merit list had been displayed on the notice board of the college on December 20, 2017.
Student leaders Jehangir Mengal, Qadeer Raisani, Gulzar Muhammad Husni and others also held a press conference on Tuesday to address the issue.
The leaders were of the view that the acting director technical was withholding the approval of the merit list.
Baloch female students boycott examinations over 'frisking' by male invigilators
They said that they had the right to ask that on whose directives the acting director technical was withholding the approval?
Calling it sheer injustice, the students said that the former principal, since being appointed as the acting director technical five years back, was involved in massive corruption as the admission process continued even during examinations at the college.
The students appealed to Balochistan Chief Minister Abdul Quddus Bizenjo as well as the education minister and secretary to suspend the acting director and open an inquiry.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ