Frugality goes a long way and wealth is accumulated not merely by hefty paychecks but also by adopting lifestyle habits that ensure careful use of money. Compiled from Time, here is a list of millionaires and billionaires with distinctive frugal habits!
1) Mark Zuckerberg does not drive ostentatious cars
2) Bill Gates does the dishes at home
3) Amancio Ortega, founder of Zara and many other brands, eats lunch with employees in the Zara cafeteria
4) Leonardo DiCaprio flies in commercial planes to save private and environmental costs
Despite his $200 fortune, the legendary DiCaprio owns only one car: Toyota Prius. The actor is also an environmentalist as he chooses to fly in commercial planes instead of private jets and avoids unnecessary harmful emissions.
5) Tyra Banks saves the hotel shampoo bottles
America’s Next Top Model founder and former supermodel and Victoria’s Secret Angel Tyra Banks is known to be extremely prudent with her spending patterns. Not only does she live a low-budget lifestyle, her skin care products are also minimalistic – the model uses “Vaseline as an anti-aging night cream instead of high-end brands. At night I use Vaseline everywhere: under my eyes, and on my laugh lines, lips and elbows, I swear by the stuff!”, the model extraordinaire shares her beauty secret.
6) Sarah Jessica Parker’s kids grow up on hand-me-downs
Sarah’s family lived on welfare when she was growing up and the $90 million worth actor surely knows the value of money and makes sure her children do too. The actor is a prudent parent and goes an extra mile making sure that her kids don’t grow into entitled individuals just because their mother is a millionaire. They wear hand-me-downs and inexpensive clothes.
Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below.