QUETTA: Two key commanders of the banned Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF) on Saturday laid down arms in Turbat and announced joining the mainstream to serve the country.
Commanders Sanaullah and Zameer Baloch surrendered themselves to the security forces. The two commanders had been tasked by the BLF to carry out subversive activities in the Gwarkop and Kolwa areas of Turbat.
FC Balochistan Lieutenant Colonel Zahid Hussain said, “Baloch youngsters are our brothers and those who throw their weapons would be welcomed with open arms.”
The two former commanders said they had been affiliated with the BLF and confessed to their involvement in subversive activities. They said they had realised their mistake and wanted to take part in efforts for the country’s progress.