Total Loss: House gutted in Haripur village

Police say the fire started due to a short circuit


Our Correspondent February 27, 2017
Police say the fire started due to a short circuit. PHOTO: FILE

MANSEHRA: A house was gutted in a remote village of Dilbori union council, police and locals said on Sunday. Zarbad Shah, a resident of Choor Kalan village, told police that he was at home with his family on Saturday evening when a fire started in one of the rooms. He recounted that he and his family first evacuated the house. They then tried to put out the fire with the help of other villagers. However, the fire quickly engulfed the four-room house. Shah said that he lost all his belongings worth hundreds of thousands rupees. He added that since the village is in a far-off place in a hilly area, the fire tenders could not reach there in time. Meanwhile, police claimed that the fire started due to a short circuit.

Published in The Express Tribune, February 27th, 2017.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read