LAHORE: If you thought that the epic tale of Arshad Khan ‘Chaiwala’ ended with his return to the Islamabad dhaba, then you clearly underestimated his story. In a recent turn of events, the very Khan whose management had announced his departure from the entertainment industry just last week is back to business.
Khan’s family has granted him permission to continue career in films given that he doesn’t do any bold scenes and an episode like the Muskan Jay video is never repeated, his management shared with The Express Tribune. Khan will soon make an official announcement regarding his decision and participation in the film Kabeer.
“It all started when one of Khan’s team members leaked his photos on social media and showed them to his family members in Mardan,” Rizwan Kazmi, one of Khan’s two managers told The Express Tribune. “He belongs to a religious family so obviously the photos didn’t go too well with them and they asked him to quit immediately because it brought a bad name to the family.”
Kazmi further added that Khan has now convinced his relatives and promised his father that he will never perform intimate scenes or participate in an objectionable photo shoot. “We have also fired the person who leaked these photos from our team because Khan had no clue how and when the pictures were leaked and what this all could do to his reputation,” added Kazmi.
However, sources told The Express Tribune that Khan has actually left the entertainment industry and is making an exception for Kabeer to avoid legal complications. “Khan along with six of his family members have signed a contract to guarantee his participation in the film Kabeer. 40 % of the shoot has already been completed while the second spell commences on January 20, ” said Kazmi, while not confirming whether the contractual bindings were the reason behind the sudden change in plans.
Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below.