Accidental death: Mother, daughter suffocate due to gas leak  

The gas subsequently suffocated the two women


Our Correspondent January 05, 2017
Gas theft, leakages drop from 11.13% in July 2015 to 9.14% in June 2016. PHOTO: REUTERS

ABBOTTABAD: A woman and her daughter suffocated to death in a village in Mirpur union council following a gas leak, the police said on Thursday.

The deceased, identified as Rubina Bibi and Zahida Bibi, were said to be relatives  of Haji Ayaz Jadoon, a vice president of Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat’s Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa chapter.

Furthermore, the
family said that the deceased had fallen asleep after leaving the gas heater on in the room on Wednesday night.

While they turned the heater off early on Thursday morning, the heater continued to leak gas. The gas subsequently suffocated the two women.

It was not till the next morning when the two women did not turn up for breakfast that the family investigated and discovered that they had died.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 6th, 2017.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read