TODAY’S PAPER | February 09, 2026 | EPAPER

Controversial banners: FIR lodged against unidentified persons   

Preedy police registered a case against unidentified persons on behalf of the state


Our Correspondent September 06, 2016 Less than a minute read
Banners, apparently signed by ‘lovers’ of Altaf, have been taken down by the police. PHOTO: EXPRESS

KARACHI: A day after the controversial pro-Altaf Hussain banners appeared, Preedy police registered a case against unidentified persons on behalf of the state. The banners  calling for “death to the MQM founder’s traitors” were put up outside the Sindh High Court and Regal Chowk. The FIR states that the banners contained threats and spread hatred and terror. The police have since removed the banners. South SSP Saqib Memon said the police will arrest the culprits soon. Law enforcers had earlier detained three suspects but later released them. Meanwhile, unidentified persons also damaged public-service banners placed by the Rangers in parts of District South. A Rangers official said they are trying to trace and arrest those involved in such activities and expressed hope that they would be nabbed soon.

Published in The Express Tribune, September 7th, 2016.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ