Will celebrate publicly when I get married: Imran Khan

Published: July 12, 2016
PTI chairman Imran Khan. PHOTO: FILE

PTI chairman Imran Khan. PHOTO: FILE

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Information Secretary Naeemul Haque on Tuesday refuted reports of Imran Khan’s third marriage as baseless.

“These reports are baseless and his family members aren’t even aware of any such decision made by him,” Haque said while speaking to Express News.

Shortly after, the PTI chairman also took to Twitter to also deny rumours of a third marriage.

“Rumours about my marriage are absolutely baseless. I have not gotten married. When I do I will announce and celebrate publicly,” he said.

Media reports suggested Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf cheif has married for the third time to a girl from the “Maneka family” of Pakpattan, according to a Pakistan Today report.

The report said Imran visited Pakpattan thrice this month to visit his alleged bride Maryam, who is a sister of Imran’s ‘spiritual guide’ Bushra.

According to sources quoted in the report, the new bride is also divorced and has two children.

However, senior journalist Arif Nizami – who had earlier leaked the news of Imran’s second marriage to Reham Khan –said the news of Imran Khan’s third marriage could merely be a media buzz.

It isn’t in my blood to give up, says Imran on third marriage

In an interview with Hindustan Times on Sunday, Imran said, “It is not in my blood to give up. But it takes a lot. There’s nothing worse than divorce, I tell you. It’s one of the worst things that can happen to a human being. It doesn’t matter who initiates it, it’s a terrible experience. So I would be a bit more careful.”

However, the senior PTI leader said Imran has made no decision regarding a third marriage. His sisters, however, have been given the responsibility for his next marriage should he make the decision to marry again, he added.

Conspiracy, incompatibility, behind divorce: Reham

The PTI chairman who divorced his second wife this year also revealed that he had always remained faithful to his spouse while he was married.

“I’m very proud to say that while married, I’ve always been faithful. I had told myself I would not indulge in infidelity and I never did. It is the greatest pain a human being can cause to their partner, which is why in all religions it is a sin,” he said.

Imran said that psychologist had advised him not to get married after his divorce with Jemima because his children might get adversely affected. But when the right time came, he married Reham Khan. However, it did not work out as she had her own family and he had his.

Sabri’s killers must be arrested, punished: Imran Khan

“I am 63 years old and have been married for only 10 years, but I am more of a staunch believer of marriage now than I ever was,” said Imran

Although Imran said that he did not have anyone in mind for the third marriage, he did not shy away from expressing what he was looking for in his third spouse.

“I never judge people for what they are. I’m not into looks that much. I’m not impressed by glamour or fashion. I get impressed by someone who has a belief system, convictions…” he said.

In the meantime, here are some reactions from social media to keep you entertained:

• Jul 12, 2016 - 2:53PM

Look like some thing in the air. Politician all ways deny the future even Imran dny coming to main stream politics to an Australian TV Morning show in 1992 after he won the world cup. Recommend

• Reham
    Jul 12, 2016 - 2:58PM

At the rate of one marriage per 10 months, he will enter the Guinness Book of Records for the most married politician in the world. Recommend

• Jul 12, 2016 - 3:13PM

IK read these quotes: (1) “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll be happy, if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” Socrates

(2) “To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the brimming cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, SHUT UP.” Ogden Nash

Hahahaaah!!! and Salams Recommend

• Jawad I Rahman
    Jul 12, 2016 - 3:26PM

There is a pattern of obfuscation and half facts. No wonder people are confused.Recommend

• solangi
    Jul 12, 2016 - 3:46PM

@Reham:
    I think its his personal matter, let him to decide what to doRecommend

• Sleepless
    Jul 12, 2016 - 3:53PM

Just like last time around, almost seems like de’ja’vuRecommend

• Haji Atiya
    Jul 12, 2016 - 3:58PM

If I were him I would marry 1 from each province, NWFP, Punjab, Balochistan and Sindh, altogether, since Islam permits taking up to 4 wives. Then he would truly be a man for and of all the people !Recommend

• Asra
    Jul 12, 2016 - 4:05PM

Let’s hope the third one stays until he becomes the Prime Minister. Recommend

• Iqbal Hadi Zaidi
    Jul 12, 2016 - 4:13PM

I vaguely guess, may be wrong guess, that after reading what Imran said about his 3rd marriage, a few women may be thinking to approach him either directly or through someone so that they could be considered as his 3rd wife. Who knows may be one of those females who very actively participated in Dharna in Islamabad could be the one to be married to her mentor? I personally opine that there is nothing wrong if he marries fir 3rd time but on the condition that this time he shall have to continue with her till her death or his death whichever applicable but no question of 3rd divorce. Recommend

• Ch. Allah Daad
    Jul 12, 2016 - 4:25PM

There must be a national crises on the horizon. Because whenever there is a national crises, this failed politician got married.Recommend

• F Khan
    Jul 12, 2016 - 4:55PM

I am also Khan.I am not getting one for the last 36 years.Khan Sb is going to be triple centurion at 63.I cant tell you how much I envy this guy.Recommend

• سے Shaam (Hanafi)
    Jul 12, 2016 - 5:01PM

Last time he celebrated his marriage the Nation was struck in the APS tragedy, hope this time around he remains sane. He should just concentrate on building nation, he has his progeny in place, money, fame, millions in fan-base… Be an Edhi to devote time on your winning province of KPK and perhaps Pakistan later… He’s 60+ how-many years does he have, and the naya nation building needs a lot of time.Recommend

• F Khan
    Jul 12, 2016 - 5:42PM

We knew that a marriage was on the cards because before every dharna khan sb marries.Recommend

• NDA
    Jul 12, 2016 - 6:31PM

This is a poor stunt. A leader has more substantive things to do and think of. A sorry figure . Recommend

• goggi (Lahore)
    Jul 12, 2016 - 7:36PM

Any marriage union, which is devoid of mutual love, mutual affection, mutual understanding, mutual respect, is even worse then cattle trade. For me personally it is an officially recognized adultery!Recommend

• MASOOM
    Jul 12, 2016 - 7:56PM

@solangi
    If this is personel matter why Naeem ul haq (information secretary of PTI) is commenting on it!Recommend

• Azal
    Jul 12, 2016 - 8:28PM

Imran khan is not relevant stop giving him so much media coverage Recommend

• mastishhk
    Jul 12, 2016 - 9:04PM

Celebrations from his 2nd marriage haven’t stopped yet !Recommend

• Khabar
    Jul 12, 2016 - 9:11PM

Don’t believe you IK. You’ve played this game before also.Recommend

• Saleem
    Jul 12, 2016 - 9:13PM

It’s actually the media cell of the Ruling Family working overtime in order to divert attention from poor governance and Panama Leaks.Recommend

• Meer
    Jul 12, 2016 - 11:46PM

Imran khan lacks self awareness and introspection. Cuts a foolish figure!Recommend

• Aik_Paki
    Jul 13, 2016 - 12:04AM

@Reham:
    Please check the facts IK will never be able to beat the record of Khadem Aala Mr. Shahbaz Sharif.Recommend

• Cheeko Beeko
    Jul 13, 2016 - 12:59AM

Imran Khan since his young age during cricket days is known as play boy and even after crossing 60 he has become a play man.

When he was young, he kept his marriages secret, but after becoming cricketer-cum-politician he can’t hide having affair or marriage with any woman.

After few years his sons will be grown up men. Instead of marrying again and again, he should be mentally prepared to get his sons married.

The best proposal in case if Imran Khan is still adamant to get married would be his official spokeswoman, but unfortunately, this position is occupied by Naeem-ul-Haq.Recommend

• Ranjha
    Jul 13, 2016 - 2:37AM

More repulsive reporting by gutter publication called Express Tribune. NYT, is this piece of S*&T worth putting green your seal on? Alas, standards have fallen across the globe!Recommend

• Aik_Paki
    Jul 13, 2016 - 5:08AM

@Saleem:
    You are right.
    Khadim e ala can marry multiple women and no one considers that to be an issue so why does IK’s marriage become all of a sudden a big issue? He should certainly get married again.Recommend

• Jul 13, 2016 - 5:37AM

Sonia Gandhi is available. LeT will be Captain’s new in-laws.Recommend

• M. Emad
    Jul 13, 2016 - 5:56AM

Sorry, I iost track of Imran Khan divorce and marriage. This is wife number —- ?Recommend

• HHK
    Jul 13, 2016 - 8:48AM

Marrying in Islam is always preferable, people are always jealous when 63 old man can still marry a beauty women. He is not against Islam or any ethics .Still pray for his 3rd marriage. Recommend

• Junaid
    Jul 13, 2016 - 3:00PM

Most confused person in politics and real life.
    No hope from this man.Recommend

• dilawar
    Jul 13, 2016 - 3:10PM

Useless person in Pakistani politics.Recommend

• NDA
    Jul 13, 2016 - 9:32PM

Imran Khan is feeble minded. Politics needs an intelligent and visionary person. He is Stubborn and shortsighted. His 3rd time marriage saga has put final nail in his politics coffin. Pakistan is fighting battle of survival and this man is obsessed with women at 63. Recommend