Veena Malik seeks to join Jamia Binoria for Islamic education

Published: May 7, 2016

Veena Malik talking to media alongside her husband Asad Bashir Khattak in Jamia Binoria seminary in Karachi on May 7, 2016. PHOTO: ONLINE During the visit, the couple, along with the head of the varsity Mufti Muhammad Naeed will address the media. PHOTO: FILE

KARACHI: Lollywood actor Veena Malik said on Saturday that she would like to join Jamia Binoria al Aalmia to receive education from the Islamic institute.

“I had started reading Islamic books given to me by Junaid Jamshed when I was expecting after which I decided that one day I will seek Islamic education from Binoria University,” she said while visiting the seminary at the Karachi’s SITE area along with her husband Asad Bashir Khattak.

“I also want my son to become Hafiz-e-Quran [the one who memorises the Holy Book],” she added.

The infamous actor and her husband met local as well as international students in the girls’ section of the institution.

Veena Malik returns to Pakistan

Speaking to the media after her visit, Veena appreciated the seminary’s scholars for welcoming both of them. “This institute not only opened its doors to me but Mufti Naeem also gave me a status of daughter having guided me at every stage of my life.”

My life, she said, changed upside down owing to my husband Asad as he is very religious himself.

The Lollywood actor said it was due to the efforts made by Mulana Tariq Jameel and Junaid Jamshed that she embraced a change in her life. “They [Islamic scholars] helped me every time I became upset.”

During the visit, the couple, along with the head of the varsity, Mufti Muhammad Naeed also spoken to the reporters.

Failing marriage, depression forced me to attempt suicide: Nouman Javaid

In January, Veena had returned to Pakistan, touching down in Lahore with her husband and two children.

Upon her return, Veena told the media about her plans to participate in human rights campaigns and other goodwill social activities.

Further, soon after the Bacha Khan University (BKU) in Charsadda district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) reopened after a deadly terrorist rampage, Veena had visited the campus too.

Veena Malik arrives at Bacha Khan University

According to reports, Malik reached BKU to take part in a Quran Khawani and peace walk being held for the 22 martyrs of the brazen attack.

• Ch. Allah Daad
    May 7, 2016 - 7:31PM

She has realized that this is the only way to stay alive in Pakistan esp. after offending extremists and terrorists. Recommend

• Brainy Bhaijan
    May 7, 2016 - 7:42PM

Somebody needs to play that clip where she was abusing the same mufti on TV.
    Instead of building common sense and looking for evidence & science based answers to life, most Pakistanis are going back to the abyss of Arab tribalism.
    Irony is that the Saudis & Iranis are now slowly working to reverse their beliefs and make them up to the par with the modern world, and Pakistanis are adamant on taking a ride back to the old cantt road.Recommend

• Faisal Afzal
    May 7, 2016 - 8:38PM

It’s always about her. To get publicity, she’s deciding what her son should do as he grows up. Let him be what he wants to be and even if you decide to make him what you want, why tell everyone? It’s your own business.Recommend

• Acorn Guts
    May 7, 2016 - 9:33PM

Sure! That’ll get her the limelight for a few yearsRecommend

• Muhammad Adnan
    May 7, 2016 - 9:48PM

Alhamdulilah it is Allah you gives Hidayat to anyoneRecommend

• Fahd
    May 8, 2016 - 2:25AM

@Muhammad Adnan:
    going with your logic if He didn’t give me Hidayat, it’s His fault isn’t it?Recommend

• Maheen ayaz
    May 8, 2016 - 2:52AM

Even if she is doing so to seek limelight, it’s still a zillion times better than what she did few years back in India.
    Go ahead veena, at least you r not tarnishing your country’s image. Recommend

• Bharat
    May 8, 2016 - 3:20AM

Hope she’s is prepared to share her husband with 3 more wivesRecommend

• MK
    May 8, 2016 - 4:47AM

There’s an old saying in Urdu.. It goes a little something like “nau sau choohay kha kay billi haj pay challi”.. We should appreciate our stars as they are rather than forcing them to be accepted by society only after they declare how religiously inclined they are. Recommend

• Abbas Leghari
    May 8, 2016 - 8:52AM

Only Allah knows her intention, we are no one to judge. It’s better to believe what she is saying as it is none of our business if it’s fake or real, it’s between Allah and her. Recommend

• Mansoor ali islam
    May 8, 2016 - 8:34PM

Mujhe bahut khushi h ki aapko ALLAH n hidayat di h or apni taraf mutwajja kiya hRecommend

More in Sindh