Ali Zafar pays tribute to Taher Shah in latest video

Published: April 13, 2016
PHOTO: SCREENGRAB

PHOTO: SCREENGRAB

As Taher Shah continues to make waves around the world with his latest single Angel, rockstar Ali Zafar decided to cash in on his fame.

In his latest video, that has now gone viral, Ali can be seen narrating the lyrics of the second hit by the “singing sensation.”

For a change, the singer-cum-actor didn’t take a dig at the hit-maker. In fact, his dramatic rendition helps us understand Taher Shah’s philosophical ideology behind the song, which was recently explained by him in his blog.

And the depth in La La La La…

GIFSEC

Taher Shah pens blog to explain ‘ideology’ behind Angel

Ali later took to Twitter to share his sentiments saying: “Lived through Eye to eye. Couldn’t resist this. My rendition of the Angel by Taher Shah.”

Thank you Ali! It makes sense to us now.

Taher Shah’s website is the next best thing to Angel

And of course… every action has a reaction!

We too Ali… we too!

TUMBLR

In an interview with a TV channel, Ali explained the reason behind his latest stint.

10 best Twitter reactions to Taher Shah’s ‘Angel’

When asked if he is impressed or depressed by the viral sensation, Ali said, “You are angel, I am angel, it’s our job to be impressed by each other and pull out of depression. So, I had also let it out of my system to end my depression.”

“I was passing through a garden with lush green trees and water springs. It was then when I realised that I am an angel too and also a part of the mankind. So, I need to play my part,” Ali quipped while explaining the reason behind his “tribute”.

Ali praised Taher Shah’s efforts saying he is “impressed” by the way he has put his feelings in to the song.

“The concept of the video is quite impressive as well. It has been conceived while keeping three stages in mind.”

“He can be seen flying alone and how he changes different costumes throughout the video, I haven’t been and won’t be able to present such thing in my entire career. I can never reach his level.” Ali said.

In his concluding message to Taher Shah, Ali said, “Taher you are an angel and I am an ‘ainjul’.”

Us right now..

DANYSALTERNATE

And twiterattis got a new topic!

Admit it or not, we all secretly wish we were Taher Shah!

Related Videos

• S
    Apr 13, 2016 - 2:19PM

He is just trying to gain publicity from someone else’s publicity stunt. SighRecommend

• jun
    Apr 13, 2016 - 5:32PM

@S: These singers,performers are not running some charity or holy business.Of course they want fame and money.Do you want?Do I want?We all want.Let face truth.It is better than those holy people who talk about holy things,but underneath,have tremendous thirst for power,form of money and fame,a real shame.Message of Taher Shah is universal and wish and prayer of all us humans.Nothing wrong if someone repeats this message.We repeat the beautiful words of God in our prayers too,don’t we?People disrespect TS,some call him gay,some shame for Pakistan,some say,he is there for fame,this and that.Shame is that we sit and don’t do anything.Yet blame someone who goes out,courageously spreading the message of Love in different way.Taher Shah has been an great ambassador for Pakistan than anybody.Yahoo and other international media is promoting his message and we Pakistanis should be proud of him.He might be disliked by some,but some mullah out there are real jokers and shame to us.And we should ask oursleves,do some English native speakers not make fun of South Asian English Accent?If TS sounds funny,whole South Asia should be laughed at.TS has showed that nothing to be shamed about,if we are true to outselves.Rather singing quitely to ourselves,mumbling songs in showerrooms,toilets or alone in car,we all should not be afraid to sing from heart.Lets look if our loved,they look like models like Ali Zafar or others?Why don’t we laugh at them too?Lets support TS and all our artists.If we don’t,others won’tRecommend

• Waqar
    Apr 13, 2016 - 6:48PM

Hilarious…. Ali Zafar rocks!!!Recommend

• S
    Apr 14, 2016 - 5:23AM

@jun:
    You know what will really support our artists? If our Pakistani music channels play our artists’ songs instead of Bollywood songs. If we encourage them to write good songs, release albums and we buy their albums instead of illegally downloading them. Also, an artist’s responsibility is to deliver good content to its audience. Our legendary singers did not become legends owing to absurd clothing. The content they delivered was so meaningful that it didn’t leave room for ridicule. It brought them fame, money and respectRecommend

• SaneVoice
    Apr 14, 2016 - 9:24AM

Exactly what was mentioned in the first few lines ” Ali Zafar is only trying to cash in on his success”. Recommend

• gp65
    Apr 15, 2016 - 1:56AM

@S: Your point is valid. Sajjad Ali was quite unhappy when his song Har Zulm went viral in 2013 but only 500 people paid and downloaded the song.

Taking a pot shot at Bollywood is fine but isn’t that where your stars are headed to, in order to earn wealth and fame?Recommend

• jun
    Apr 15, 2016 - 12:38PM

@gp65: Is there something wrong with making money?Do you want?Do I want want?Yes we all want money.Whether it is Bollywood,hollywood,money and fame is there.Otherwise we become some sadhu or fakir.If they don’t earn good money in Pakistan,and if someone highlights their talent,I think we would go anywhere.Don’t be hypocrit,Mr..Our soldiers are firing at Indian army and in Barracks resting,they listen to Bollywood.Same does indian Army.They listen to Pakistani copied songs.Pakistani mullah hates USA and West,but they send their kids there for study and go there for medical treatments.That how much we Pakistanis are split inside.Nothing wrong in being split,hypocrit mindset,but at least acknowledge and be honest to admit that we are hypocrits.Be honest to admit that we all want what others have.We are jealous,envy someone with power,wealth,yet we don’t do anything to get there,but gossip like old ladies,when we have the desires to be like them.Sorry,I am not talking about others,I am talking about myself.I am the most jealous guy in the world.So please chill out.Jealous that our friend is doing well,have an excellent house,job,car or a beautiful wife whereas I am stuck.I also want US visa,I want this,I want that.When we will stop pulling the legs of others?Tragedy is that we are hypocrit and full of desires wanting things that society,our family wants us to want.And we blame others for their desiresRecommend

More in Life & Style