20 things you didn't know about Mawra Hocane

Published: January 21, 2016
Pakistani starlet gets candid about her personal life during promotions of 'Sanam Teri Kasam'. PHOTO: INSTAGRAM

The Pakistani starlet who is all set to make her Bollywood debut with Sanam Teri Kasam gets candid about her personal life.

Amidst the promotional rounds of her upcoming film, Mawra Hocane shared her quirky life experiences in a rapid fire round.

In the three-and-a-half minute video titled: ‘Black & White with Mawra Hocane’, the actor, who will be sharing screen space with Indian actor Harshvardhan Rane, revealed everything from her wishlist to her idea of one-night stand.

Out now: Mawra’s antics in ‘Kheech Meri Photo’ steal the show

Here are the 20 things you definitely didn’t know about Mawra before:

1) First paycheque

“I was 13 when I got my first paycheque. It was Rs8000 and I shopped it away. It was heaven”

2) What’s always with her

“My phone, my bag and my perfume.”

3) She can cook!

“I am not very fond of cooking but I can cook well because of my mom. I think, I can cook some nice Pakistani biryani.

4) She is a cry baby

“I am a cry baby. A lot of people don’t know this. I can cry on almost everything.”

5) Urwa Hocane is her favourite person

“I love my sister the most. She is the best part of my life.”

Trailer out: Will Mawra Hocane’s ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ live up to its hype?

6) 3 smartest people for her

“Christiano Ronaldo is super hot. Then there is Ranbir Kapoor, I think he is very smart and Harsh, my smartest hero.”

7) She would like to read the mind of…

“Harsh’s! I am closely understanding him these days. But if I want to read someone’s mind, it’s definitely Harsh’s.”

8) A “chocolate fudge cake” is her biggest indulgence

“I can eat a full chocolate fudge cake. Also, getting my nails done can make me happy.”

9) She is fearless

“I don’t think there is anything in the world that I cannot face.”

Out now: Mawra’s ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ title track is a tearjerker

10) Winning awards is on her wishlist

“I want to win all the debutante awards this year and I am working hard for it.”

11) “Princess” is her favourite compliment

“The most overwhelming compliment is that Harsh keeps on calling me a princess. I think it’s the best.”

12) She loves Bigg Boss!

“I can binge-watch Bigg Boss. I think it’s super cool.”

13) Agar Tum Saath Ho is her current favourite

“This song from Tamasha is on the loop in my playlist.”

14) Classic she would like to star in..

Cindrella!”

First look of Mawra Hocane’s ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ unveiled

15) She is sentimental

“I can feel for anything. I am pretty much sentimental about everything.”

16) Best childhood memory

“When my mom told me that Mawra means outstanding, I was blown away. I think I was 8 or 9.”

17) Her first kiss ever is in Sanam Teri Kasam

“My first kiss is going to be the one you will see in this film.”

18) She took all her friends on her first date

“My first date was very cute when in school we believed that if we go with all our friends, it would be a decent date. So, my first date was me going with four of my friends and him coming with three friends.”

19) Pre-marital sex is not on her mind

“I don’t think about it.”

20) And one-night stands…

“What should I say?” “Did Harsh answer this one?”

The video is available at the official site: Eros Now. Sanam Teri Kasam will hit theatres on February 5.

• Haider
    Jan 21, 2016 - 7:29PM

She is obnoxious

• hassan
    Jan 21, 2016 - 10:04PM

Answer to question 6 tells a lot about her iq.Recommend

• Athesit_Pakistani
    Jan 22, 2016 - 8:56AM

haha, she is so sweet!Recommend

• Observer
    Jan 22, 2016 - 10:57AM

@Haider, not only question 6, but also her answer to question number 12 gives a good idea about her IQ.Recommend

• Malangi
    Jan 22, 2016 - 11:08AM

One more thing she wanted to scream out loud but saved for some other time..
    ” I think Adnaan Sami is a lucky guy to get Indian Nationality” ..hmmm smart GirlRecommend

• Amna
    Jan 22, 2016 - 11:41AM

Really!! so who cares??Recommend

• Rollin & Trollin
    Jan 22, 2016 - 12:56PM

What an air head !Recommend

• Marriam
    Jan 22, 2016 - 4:31PM

omg this girl she’s so annoying Recommend

• Bunny Rabbit
    Jan 22, 2016 - 7:30PM

See India gives so many chances to so many Pak actors ( whether eventually they make it big or not .. ) when was the last time any main stream Indian actor got a movie in Pak ? Recommend

• MA
    Jan 23, 2016 - 12:52AM

ER please call her an “actress’ or if you want to be so politically correct, than “artiste” would do good. Calling her an actor just doesn’t go with her gender. And all the comments about her IQ are so uncalled for. Which screen person can anyone recall to be high in IQ?Recommend

• Jan 23, 2016 - 8:43PM

First kiss ???
    why are our actors so eager to do such activities in India? if all of this comes under the name of ART then why not apply the same here?Recommend

• SaneVoice
    Jan 23, 2016 - 9:04PM

One thing you forgot to mention, she is A GOLD DIGGER!!!!!! She will do anything for money, even if it costs her dignity. Recommend

• rajesh
    Jan 24, 2016 - 2:52PM

About one night stand…. why did she want to know what Harsh said….. hmmmm..Recommend

• sana
    Jan 25, 2016 - 2:37AM

I have no idea how she got work in India. ok gotta admit mahira is pretty, talented, lucky to be in a super hit drama. What’s so special about this girl?. Recommend

• Jabber Aziz Turk
    Jan 29, 2016 - 5:37PM

She is stupid and available to all who can offer goodRecommend

• Anam
    Feb 1, 2016 - 2:07AM

Dont want to know either!Recommend

• Eminem
    Feb 8, 2016 - 7:17PM

Well if someone asks you if you can cook and you say I think i can cook biryani then that doesn’t give you a lot of confidence. Also, if by 3 smartest people you get an answer like Ronaldo is very hot and you top it all off with someone who can binge watch a useless thing like Big Boss then its not saying much about her caliber … I am not even going to mention the whole reading Harsh’s mind part Recommend

• Shahazaib
    Feb 9, 2016 - 7:27PM

I make my first money when I was 14, big deal? I didnt even know her before she said sht about Pakistan, she is so proud of herself and She is in so much influence of Indian Sht , it pains me to see how delusional she is.. Its no big deal LADY that u’re working in Indian movie nobody give a damn but u have actually became a turdRecommend

• Shahazaib
    Feb 9, 2016 - 7:36PM

@Eminem:
    A person who feels proud in working in 3rd class Indian movie is delusional, lady Rickshaw driver should be more proud then her because she is actually helping to improve the society, but mawra is just contributing in country’s turd-o-meterRecommend

• k k khan
    Feb 13, 2016 - 3:39AM

20 things we did’nt know and we also don’t want to knowRecommend

• sabahat
    Feb 13, 2016 - 2:19PM

What a self-obsessed spoiled brat….. who can watch binge-watch Big Boss?… its embarrassing that she is representing Pakistan at an international level, a Meera 2 in-making Recommend

• Mar 1, 2016 - 9:03PM

Mawra…… I just wish that you spend your next days as a simple holly honest muslim lady….. I do not know that what do you want in your life…. But i just want to wish U the most important wishes for U and i think it is suitable for U…. I like URecommend

• Sridhar
    Mar 24, 2016 - 1:51PM

@Eminem:
    How many actors do you think are really smart?
    How do u define smartness anyway.
    Mawra seems honest. That is good enough.Recommend

• Anonymous
    Jun 3, 2016 - 2:22AM

whatever u guys. ..she is bestRecommend

More in Life & Style