Mathira preps up for B-town debut: Akki Te Vikki Te Nikki

Published: October 31, 2013

The film, based on actors who struggle to get into Bollywood, will be Vipin Sharma's directorial debut.

The ever-controversial Mathira Mohammad has signed up for film-maker Sunil Bohra’s comedy flick Akki Te Vikki Te Nikki, which will be her first acting venture in Bollywood. The yoga instructor-turned-VJ earlier featured in an item number titled Lakk Ch Current, from the Indian-Punjabi film Young Malang.

Mathira’s debut film will be directed by Vipin Sharma, the critically acclaimed actor, known for his character of a strict father in Taare Zameen Par. The film, based on actors who struggle to get into Bollywood, will be his directorial debut.

According to Absolute India, in which Mathira has been dubbed as the “Sunny Leone of Pakistan”, Bohra was “stunned” by Mathira’s talent. “Yes, Mathira is making her debut in our film. We go on the floors from November 3 and Mathira will be joining us on November 5,” he told the newspaper.

“A friend of mine from Dubai sent me her pictures and I was stunned. I showed the pictures to my director [Sharma], who suggested that we audition her,” he said. “She was super in the audition. We are excited to launch her,” he added.

Mathira, who was last seen in Bas Teri Hi Kami, an item song in feature film Main Hoon Shahid Afridi, is also very excited to have bagged a role in the film. “I am very excited to work with Vipin Sharma. I am doing a lead role in the film,” Mathira told The Express Tribune. “I will be joining them [the crew] in November,” she said.

She added that the shooting will be done in India but refrained from specifying any city.

We are surely waiting for a “pleasant surprise”, Mathira! Bring on the popcorn!

Published in The Express Tribune, November 1st, 2013.

Like Life & Style on Facebook, follow @ETLifeandStyle on Twitter for the latest in fashion, gossip and entertainment.

• Hamza
    Oct 31, 2013 - 10:33PM

It is a shame that our artists are willing to do any role in Bollywood for fame and money…I only hope she isn’t the next Veena Malik!

• Parvez
    Nov 1, 2013 - 12:07AM

Just loved the line…….Bohra was stunned by Mathira’s talent ( made my day ).

• ModiFied
    Nov 1, 2013 - 5:12PM

@Parvez: I suppose your comment is a sarcasm on Mathira? I have watched Mathira on live shows. With all honesty and sincerity I can tell you that she is extremely talented, enlightened and confident girl. She is no Veena. Mathira is too bold an artists for main stream Pakistanis. Anyway, Best of Luck Mathira and welcome to Bollywood. May God bless you. .

• water bottle
    Nov 1, 2013 - 5:12PM

” Bohra was “stunned” by Mathira’s talent”

Hahahaha…I’m going to die laughing.

Talent?

These Bollywood producers/directors will do anything for meat.Recommend

• water bottle
    Nov 1, 2013 - 5:29PM

@ModiFied:

You can be impressed by her courage. You can praise the bravery of Pakistani women all you want.

But please don’t insult the collective ‘Common sense’ of humanity by saying that Mathira has talent.

Mathira probably has as much talent as Aishwarya Rai. Only, she is not half as good looking.

Just so you understand my sarcasm, watching Aishwarya act is a torture. It is perhaps how Bhishma felt lying on a bed of thousand arrows.

• salman
    Nov 1, 2013 - 6:39PM

she is so overratedRecommend

• Fatima Murad
    Nov 1, 2013 - 7:45PM

It’s so typical of the male section to degrade Mathira. The simple fact is if you don’t like her don’t feel she has talent then don’t watch her!
    @Hamza ….I only hope she is no Veena Malik if she is or not why is it your business?
    @ water bottle For someone with a name like that who is so afraid to use your real name I wonder if you deserve a response but I will. I wonder who nominated you to be the spokesperson for humanity to examine Mathiras talent. It might shock you that some part of humanity might not agree with you.
    All of you please refrain from being the soldiers of morality, your constant bashing of strong Pakistani women reflects your inferior complex that your masculinity is terribly threatened.
    Some of us Pakistani women refuse to walk barefoot & pregnant two steps behind you so get over it!Recommend

• Nov 1, 2013 - 8:25PM

@Fatima Murad:
    If Mathira is a truly Muslim, she should not work in Bollywood or any film industry.Recommend

• water bottle
    Nov 1, 2013 - 8:30PM

@Fatima Murad who challenges me with the comment ” For someone with a name like that who is so afraid to use your real name I wonder if you deserve a response but I will. I wonder who nominated you to be the spokesperson for humanity to examine Mathiras talent. It might shock you that some part of humanity might not agree with you.

You don’t understand English so well, do you?

I don’t care about who she is or what she does.

You also don’t know the meaning of the word ‘morality’, do you?

If you really understand, please tell the ‘humanity’, where I have displayed morality? Did I say, I don’t like her language? Did I said, I don’t like her dress? Did I say, I don’t like her religion? Did I say, I don’t like what she eats?

Reat my comments a 10000 times again and again, until u understand.

If you are a part of that humanity which believes Mathira has talent, I’m not surprised, because there is a minority which believes Osama was not a terrorists. There is also a minority that believes Afridi was hungry when he ate the ball. There is a minority that still believes Iraq had Nuclear weapons.

But that only proves one thing. These people are fools.

These bunch of people, need to get their IQ tested and write here.

Mine is 144, just so you know. Would you test yourself and write here?

To repeat, mathira doesn’t have even as much talent as my bus pass has. She is absolutely talentless. She is rubbish to an extent.Recommend

• Pakistani
    Nov 1, 2013 - 8:31PM

I would say Don’t go Mathira to Bollywood, They will make fun of you like they did to Veena Malik, Instead try Persian or Turkish films.Recommend

• water bottle
    Nov 1, 2013 - 8:35PM

@Fatima Murad:

” your constant bashing of strong Pakistani women”

If you are a Pakistani women, then you really really really need to get your brain checked.

I don’t care if this lady is a strong Pakistani woman.

Here’s my point.

Just because Asma Jehangir is a powerful activist you don’t call her a good tennis player.

Just because Sania Mirza is a very good tennis player, you don’t call her a good model.

Just because Mathira is a good model, you don’t call her a good actress.

Heck, even my mobile battery has more acting talent than Mathira.Recommend

• Spock
    Nov 1, 2013 - 11:30PM

@Ayesha:

A lot of “true muslims” have and still are working for Bollywood with pride in their work. Nusrat Fateh, Rafi, Javed Akhtar, Bade Ghulam Ali, Naushad, Dilip Kumar to name a very few.Recommend

• India
    Nov 2, 2013 - 7:14PM

@Pakistani:

Thanks. Please keep all the crap to yourself.

• Fatima Murad
    Nov 3, 2013 - 1:29AM

@water bottle – You managed in your feeble attempt to counter point every comment I made but you refused to answer **” For someone with a name like that who is so afraid to use your real name “** it is always suspect when someone will not let their real name be used for maybe mobile battery is not strong enough to with stand the question? Just because you guise your comments with speaking about her acting ability you are actually dissing her talent skills.Mathira is a strong women not because of her modelling or acting its because she is brave enough to do what she wants in spite of horrendous negativity from people like you!
    @Ayesha – are you for real or just living in the dark ages if acting in Bollywood or Lollywood is offensive to you why are you trolling a site about it?Let me explain what this means”Some of us Pakistani women refuse to walk barefoot & pregnant two steps behind you so get over it!”
    Its an ironic statement that says unlike the past Pakistani women will do what feels right for them if you don’t like it then **step out of our way!**Recommend

• naamaaloom
    Nov 12, 2013 - 4:02PM

I’m sure my cat has more talent, when it comes to acting, than 100 Mathiras combined! Recommend

• Nov 29, 2013 - 1:29PM

Mathira was born in Zimbabwe (February 25/1992) to a Pakistani mother and an African father so i dont think this she is muslim ??

• Kaasma Dadabhoy
    Nov 30, 2013 - 12:14AM

@fan no1 of mathira – I really dont think Mathira gives a hoot if you think she qualifies for the status of being a Muslim.

More in Life & Style