ISLAMABAD: A fire erupted in a polyethene bag-manufacturing factory late on Sunday and damaged a most of the building before it was subdued by fire and rescue personnel. The Sabzi Mandi police said no one was injured in the incident. The cause of the fire in the PolyStar factory in Street 7, Sector I-10/3 was apparently a short circuit, they added, but it could be confirmed when this report was filed. Fire and rescue vehicles and the fire brigade reached the spot within minutes, but it took over three hours to completely douse the fire. Till the filing of this report, fire brigade personnel were busy cooling down the structure so that police and other officials could go in. The owner of the factory said the value of lost property was not clear but it appeared very high.
Published in The Express Tribune, June 4th, 2012.
More in PakistanDouble kidnapping: Two brothers abducted