Short Circuit: House razed in fire

Published: March 2, 2012

HARIPUR: A house was completely destroyed in a fire in Suyan Nakholi, Battagram on Wednesday evening. The cause of the fire, according to the police, was a short circuit. Haji Saleh Muhammad, the owner of the house, told the police that the fire broke out in one of the rooms, which engulfed the entire house in flames. Local people rushed to the spot to extinguish the fire, but they were unable to put it out. According to the complainant, the fire brigade reached the scene after two hours, when the fire had spread over the entire house. He said jewellery items and his daughters’ dowry perished in the fire. He estimated the loss in millions of rupees.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 2nd, 2012.

 

on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

More in Pakistan