LAHORE: Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez will undergo a bowling action test on November 17 in Brisbane, Australia, after serving his one-year ban for illegal bowling.
The 36-year-old was given the test date by the International Cricket Council and he will depart on November 14.
A ban was slapped on the all-rounder after he failed a test carried out in Chennai in 2015, having been flagged in the Test series against Sri Lanka. And even though he completed his ban during Pakistan’s historic victory against England at Lord’s, he was unable to give the test due to a knee injury which sidelined him from the subsequent series against the West Indies in United Arab Emirates.
Earlier, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) acquired the services of English coach Carl Crowe, a Leicester-based bio-mechanist, in order to rectify Hafeez’s bowling action so that he could retake his bowling assessment test.
Previously, media reports surfaced saying that the all-rounder had failed a biomechanics test held in Lahore; however, he dismissed such claims as rumours.
Meanwhile, PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan said that Hafeez’s return to national fold could be difficult if he fails his bowling test. “Hafeez has requested to be tested in Loughborough, Cardiff and we obliged because he is a senior player of the team,” he said while talking to Daily Express. “However, if he fails to clear his test once again, it will be extremely difficult for the selection committee to include him in the national side,” he added.