Just like every family has its own rules, a country does too, and in case you think your country has the most absurd laws; you have to take a look at these laws from across the globe and think again.
Let’s start by pleasing the women:
1. It is a crime to forget your wife’s birthday in Samoa
Ladies, ladies, if your man cannot remember your birthday, you might as well send him to prison.
2. In Turkey, it is illegal for a man above 80 years to become a pilot
For obvious reasons we suppose.
3. Being overweight in Japan is illegal
The land that gave the world sumo wrestling has made it illegal to be fat there. According to Japan’s “Metabo Law”, every man and woman, 40 and above must not have a waist measuring over 32 and 36 inches, respectively.
4. Only a qualified electrician is allowed to change a light bulb in Victoria, Australia
Want to change a light bulb to impress your girlfriend’s father? Show us your degree first.
5. In New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is death
So basically…you die either way.
6. In Britain you are not allowed to let your pet mate with a pet from the royal house
Oh dear British, why must you separate two lovers?
7. In France, it is legal to marry a dead person
However, in order to marry your dead fiance, one must provide compelling evidence that the deceased intended to marry them while alive.
8. In Switzerland, flushing the toilet after 10 pm is illegal
The government considers it noise pollution. Have only one toilet in the house and everyone wants to use it after dinner? May God help you.
9. In Oklahoma, it is against the law to have a sleeping donkey in your bathtub after 7 pm
Yes, because having a wide awake donkey in your bathtub, enjoying a bubble bath is completely normal.
10. According to the Canadian law, one out of every five songs on the radio must be sung by a Canadian
Great for Justin Bieber fans, not so great for the sane.