Kabul rejects army's claim of PAF attack being planned in Afghanistan

DG ISPR had earlier said Pakistan had evidence which proved the attack was planned and controlled from Afghanistan


Our Correspondent September 19, 2015
A Pakistani army helicopter patrols over the Pakistan Air Force base after an attack by militants in Peshawar on September 18, 2015. PHOTO: AFP

ISLAMABAD : A day after Pakistan Army said the air base attack in Badhaber was "planned and controlled" from Afghanistan, the Afghan presidency has strongly rejected the claim.

“We vehemently reject baseless claims that the attack in Peshawar was planned or controlled from Afghanistan,” the president’s deputy spokesperson Sayed Zafar Hashimi, said, according to Pajhwok Afghan News.

On Friday, DG Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) told a news conference in Pakistan had 'evidence' to substantiate that the attack on PAF base had links in Afghanistan.

“We have recordings, which reveal the attack was planned, executed and controlled from Afghanistan,” DG ISPR said while addressing the media in Peshawar, hours after the attack which left 29 dead.

Read: ‘PAF base attack planned in Afghanistan’

Unlike the Ghani administration, Bajwa pointed fingers at TTP militants who now operate from the Afghan side of the border.

The Afghan foreign ministry issued a similar statement.

“No terrorist group will be allowed to use Afghan soil against neighbouring countries,” Afghan Foreign Ministry spokesperson Shakeb Ahmad Mustaghni told Afghan media on Saturday.

Pakistani Taliban leader Oman Mansoor, who spoke in a video along with a group of 14 militants, used Afghanistan’s cell number to contact media persons in Pakistan.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ