One rockstar to another: Hrithik Roshan tells Ali Zafar 'mazaa aa gaya'

Published: August 25, 2015
The Bollywood superstar tweeted about Ali's Rockstar and was thoroughly impressed.

Ali Zafar’s Rockstar look in Coke Studio 8 has garnered tremendous feedback. Even Bollywood hunk Hrithik Roshan was thoroughly impressed by Ali’s performance and immediately took to Twitter to praise the singer.

Here’s what the B-Town actor had to say about the Pakistani singer, who couldn’t help but retweet it:

Almost a decade after Channo‘s release – Ali hits the nail on the head yet again.

Read: Coke Studio 8: Sugar, spice and some things nice

We can’t deny that Ali’s latest number is as catchy as the one that made him famous years ago.

Read: Coke Studio 8: From boys to men

Here is what other celebs had to say about Ali’s Coke Studio performance:

Even PTI Chairman Imran Khan couldn’t hold himself back from raving about Ali’s performance:

Read: Ali Zafar spoofs himself for Coke Studio season 8: Look for Rockstar revealed

As everyone is still in awe of his latest offering, here are seven times the singer stole our hearts during his rocking performance:

1. Possessing the confidence of a true powerhouse, when Ali took the stage

2. His ability to take his vocals to great lengths will leave you envious

3. His fiery stage presence

4. Has any rockstar ever shushed you?

5. In mere seconds, he can charm you like he did in Channo

6. A rockstar with a desi twist

7. Last but not the least — his signature rockstar scream

Ali is simply amazing, isn’t he?

• Ali S
    Aug 25, 2015 - 6:04PM

Meh, I only liked the Sabri Brothers tribute in this season so far (no matter how hard Atif tried, he just couldn’t destroy a song that inherently freaking good), and the QB song was good too but Uzair Jaswal ruined it with his overacting.Recommend

• MJ
    Aug 25, 2015 - 7:05PM

Rockstar is indeed an awesome performance by Ali Zafar. He showed his incredible vocal range in this satirical song that took me by surprise. I also enjoy the versatility that the Strings duo has brought to Coke Studio. I am a great admirer of Rohail Hayat but after 6 seasons he had become too predictable and seems like was running out of ideas. I will never forgive him for Rahat Fateh Ali Khan’s Charkha. How can someone take the most vocally gifted and dominant singer of modern times and produce such mediocre work is beyond me. The album sounds like is produced on Fruity Loops software and is really unimaginative other than a tack or two. I know that what I said above was off the topic a bit but nevertheless I needed to vent this in a public forum. Recommend

• Ayesha Begum
    Aug 26, 2015 - 12:47AM

Amazingly sung, basically Ali has kind of defined himself and most importantly he has re-invented himself once again. Seeing so many praises for this songs makes me feel amazing. The most amazing thing is that Ali has composed this song just in 3 minutes. I’m really proud to be his fan a.k.a #AZianRecommend

• BestAwards
    Aug 26, 2015 - 12:50AM

Song of the decade
    1- Eye to Eye (Tahir Shah)
    2- Rockstar (Ali Zafar)Recommend

• Rollin & Trollin
    Aug 26, 2015 - 10:03AM

Since when was Roshan a “rockstar”, though admittedly he does have a sneaky look about him.Recommend

• Gladiator
    Aug 26, 2015 - 11:12AM

Simply Fantastic !!!!Recommend

• Umair A. Shahid
    Aug 26, 2015 - 6:59PM

For a moment, I thought I was on Buzzfeed.Recommend

• Aug 26, 2015 - 11:29PM

Well, at first i was very much excited for Ali Zafar’s Appearance in Coke Studio 8, but to be very frank it was disappointing, May be because Atif’s performance was awesome and ali could not take it to that level. Although celebs like roshan and mahira are praising it but it was disappointing Recommend

• jojo