Eid woes: ‘Abduction’ FIR disposed off

The complainant told the court that no one had kidnapped his daughter


Our Correspondent July 22, 2015

LAHORE:


A judicial magistrate disposed of an FIR on Wednesday registered by a citizen in connection with the “abduction” of his daughter.


The complainant told the court that no one had kidnapped his daughter. He said she had moved to her grandmother’s house after he had not given her enough money for shopping on Eid. The complainant said she had not informed anyone before leaving. He said he had gotten an FIR registered against unidentified suspects for abducting her after he and some relatives had tried to locate her. The complainant said they had later learnt that she had been staying at her grandmother’s house. The magistrate disposed of the FIR after recording the statement of the complainant and instructed him to look after his children well.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 23rd, 2015.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ