Eid is right around the corner. Get ready for a time of extravagant food, family time and lots of eidi; no wonder everyone's eagerly waiting for it.
Let's discuss 10 things we are looking forward to this Eid:
Admit it, that's the sole reason this Eid is your favourite.
2. Wearing your special Eid ka jora
And flaunting it like it's your birthday.
3. Waking up and giving your parents a warm hug and wishing them Eid Mubarak
What other way to start such a blessed day!
4. And then running to gobble your mother's sheer khurmayummmmm!!
5. And not to forget the seviyan*drooooool*
6. Giving the household staff eidi
The smiles you receive from the chowkidaars and maids is unparalleled.
7. THE FOOOOOOOD!
Kebabs, haleem, biryani, phirni, bakhlava, zarda... oh mannnn, where does one begin?
8. Meeting relatives. Correction: some relatives... SOME!
Yes, we are not talking about all, there are exceptions... LOTS of exceptions!
9. The extra eidi you get from elders
You know how to charm them, but don't worry nana won't even bat an eye when you ask for more.
10. Counting your blessings
Competition is heavy between you and your cousins!
But all jokes aside, once the day is over and your tummy rumbles in deep satisfaction, you realise how truly blessed you are to be among your loved ones.