PTI treated me like a football: DJ Butt

Published: July 7, 2015
Screengrab.

Screengrab.

ISLAMABAD: Muhammad Asif aka DJ Butt, the famous DJ known for dominating the music scene at the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) sit-in in Islamabad last year, on Tuesday said that the party treated him like a ‘football’.

Speaking to reporters in Islamabad, Butt lamented over the party’s refusal to pay him fully for his services.

“Ever since the sit-in ended, I have called the head office a number of times and been ignored every time. I then emailed Imran Khan and he said he will help me out,” Butt said.

Read: DJ Butt threatens to take PTI to court

“A committee was constituted to look into the matter of my payment, but every time I called, I didn’t get a straight response. I was being treated like a football.”

Butt said that he needed the full payment to pay back vendors and sources that provided for the diesel in the generators.

“I don’t have anything against PTI. If I am asking for money, there is nothing wrong with that,” he said.

“It is my right; I also have a family to provide for,” he added.

The DJ clarified that he does not have any enmity with the party and is just after what is rightfully his.

“My heart beats for PTI. I have supported it more than its own workers. I also have been stoned and shelled at during sit-ins,” he said.

Read: DJ Butt’s assistant dies of heart attack at PTI sit-in

Earlier on Monday, Butt made waves when he claimed that the party owes him Rs80 million.

“My total payment for playing music at the PTI sit-in was Rs140 million but I have only been paid Rs60 million so far,” DJ Butt said, while speaking to Express News.

“I will go to court if my payment is withheld,” he said, adding the party still owes him Rs80 million.

Further, Butt, who has been working with PTI since 2010, said, “My daily pay was Rs0.6 million.” He added he owes Rs50 million to people for services.

• Nk
    Jul 7, 2015 - 3:44PM

Where are all the insaafians now? What about Insaaf for dj butt? Or can insaaf only be served if ik becomes pm?

Also dj butt should clarify this but I think his 0.6 m per day is an all in cost since he is saying he has to pay vendors too. I.e the 0.6 doesn’t go into his pocket he has to pay for equipment rental, lights speakers etc, pay employees, diesel bill Etc. Recommend

• pervaiz
    Jul 7, 2015 - 4:06PM

if only DJ Butt earned Rs. 14.000(M) just for music provided at DHARNA then anyone can estimate how much money was involved in Dharna session, not less than 500.00(M) as a lot of diesel cost, transportation, dancers payment, furniture & Tentage & crockery expenses etc. Now IK and his followers should think how many schools & hospitals couls be managed if all this amount is used for these fields. He could enjoy dances of young womens in any film by mere Rs. 500 only. Recommend

• Jul 7, 2015 - 4:12PM

DJ Butt should donate 8 million to Shaukat Khanum Hospital as PTI MNA’s donated 7 months remuneration out of 8 months.
    This is the real justice.hahahahaRecommend

• Jul 7, 2015 - 4:16PM

These 14 million could have been spent on street children in KPK. What a lavish style of politics of Pti?Recommend

• z
    Jul 7, 2015 - 4:20PM

Mr Niazi, It is a clear ‘Delay in Justice’. Please set an example of Insaaf by paying him whatever he is asking for or have a discussion with the funders of your dharna adventure i.e., third umpire to negotiate with him. Recommend

• MMB
    Jul 7, 2015 - 4:51PM

All the PTI haters having fun, Here is Insafian. We donayed for Dharna and we are proud of it. If we need to again we will again to get rid of this corupt government. You guys are crying about payment of music. More than this is earned by your masters (Sharifs and Zardari) in only 1 of the millions deals they do andguess what. It is not donation, it is always public’s hardwork money.

With regards to DJ Butt, please start follwing new, a formula has been agreed with them and after approval of the finance committee the calculated amounts will be cleared. Long live Imran Khan long live DJ ButtRecommend

• Chachoo
    Jul 7, 2015 - 4:55PM

Shaukat Khanum Lahore costed around 20 Crore rupees. And then the Imran Khan’s priorities changed and he hired a DJ for around 10 crore rupees. Just imagine the rates of Catering services and other arrangements for the Dharna. Even the person who developed the container for Imran Khan will come forward in the coming days in my view.
    Who was managing such assets and why no oversight was taken while hiring such people. But why no financial oversight was taken into consideration in any decision?Recommend

• Ch. Allah Daad
    Jul 7, 2015 - 4:56PM

Enough now. You were part of an activity which destroyed economy worth hundreds of billions. Don’t forget in those dreadful days, thousands of people couldn’t go for work, students lost their precious time and people of Islamabad were forced to live with piles of garbage and unbearable smell. You were partner in crime and crime doesn’t pay. Just shut up, otherwise soon law will be knocking at your door.Recommend

• Prada
    Jul 7, 2015 - 5:29PM

IK wants everything phookat mein. This is another form of corruption where you seek services and you don’t pay for them. Recommend

• anonimous
    Jul 7, 2015 - 5:32PM

US$6000 per day …. really you have to be kidding me… does he have a contract for this ….. thats like what average / mediocre concert DJs get paid in US / UK … and still save … mind you where electricity and petrol costs are either more expensive or similar (in case of US). Also he should at least have kept a record of his costs and receipts, worst yet I wonder GST or WHT on this??Recommend

• bilal
    Jul 7, 2015 - 5:57PM

Go and see his GEO interview. The total he is claiming by doing simple math… is wrong.
    Burn Noora supporters.Recommend

• Acorn Guts
    Jul 7, 2015 - 6:04PM

That’s one expensive failure.Recommend

• raider
    Jul 7, 2015 - 6:12PM

@Ch. Allah Daad:
    where do live you inspector, peoples s blood, martyred during shelling and tear will be the last revenge, bullets were fired at point blank range and expired shell of tear gas was used, we have to recover looted money from national Exchequer ether it was in the form of money laundering, commission,extortion, etc etc either form it was stolen , still 14 peoples blood demanding something more, peoples most probably expats should pay until fraudulent regime be weeded out and nation gets relief out of this long hunting mess, Recommend

• sabi
    Jul 7, 2015 - 6:54PM

DJ BUTT:
    Why did you trusted the obvious liars.For every fabricated lie you was part of the game.Don’t whine now-you asked for it. They are noosar baz selling fake ideas like fake medicines.Recommend

• Ahmad
    Jul 7, 2015 - 6:57PM

That’s almost £1million and $1.5 million – for playing sprodic and sometimes ill-timed music. For Heaven’s sake, have we gone mad or am I writing from a psychiatric hospital? I thought we were a poor country. 1500+ people died in Karachi due to lack of basic facilities. This payment to the nutty DJ could feasibly have saved all these lives and much more. Is it any wonder that we are in the state that we are – and why most people want to emigrate to United States of America or United States of Europe. Maybe we should just be just certified Bonkers Beyond Belief and then at least we’ll know that what we’re doing is okay and there’s a madness to the method.Recommend

• Blithe
    Jul 7, 2015 - 10:00PM

Now , how should one reward the bugel player of the Niazi party ?!!?

This guy should be in jail along with IK and TuQ for attacking the state of Pakistan – these are all miscrrants Recommend

• Jul 7, 2015 - 11:34PM

@MMB:
    Don’t justify your misdeeds.Leave it what Zardari and Nawaz did?.Tell me what PTI has done.14 million for music kiya aise banega Naya Pakistan. Recommend

• miristan
    Jul 8, 2015 - 6:34AM

Imran you are a bad pay master. This is true.Recommend

• Abbas
    Jul 8, 2015 - 10:16AM

IK has been treating KP as his own football ground… What more to expect from him? God forbid the day he becomes PM of Pakistan, everybody except his coterie would be treated as a football.Recommend