Hazardous work: 3 sewer men die from suffocation

Police said the sewer men were replacing old pipes near Chandi Chowk


Our Correspondent June 27, 2015

FAISALABAD: Three sewer men died of suffocation while working on Khaki Shah Road near Jhang on Friday.  Police said the sewer men were replacing old pipes near Chandi Chowk. He said when they opened a sewer line, they inhaled some toxic gas. They said 40-year-old Hajji Ahmad fainted. His colleagues, 26-year-old Nisar Ahmad and 25-year-old Allah Ditta tried to pull him, but fainted a few minutes later. They were discovered by some passersby. They said the men had died without receiving medical aid.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 27th, 2015. 

Our Publications