ISLAMABAD: Army chief General Raheel Sharif and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif decided on Tuesday that Operation Zarb-e-Azb would continue unhindered and would be taken to its logical conclusion.
The decision came during a meeting between the two at the PM House in Islamabad and comes just days after the premier assured Raheel Sharif that the government would not brook any criticism or tolerate any statement or remarks against the military.
In addition to the progress of the offensive, which was launched in June last year, the internal and external security situation of the country also came under discussion.
Concluding talks, it was decided that the operation against criminals and terrorists would continue across the country to optimally utilise the environment created due to the phenomenal successes of Zarb-e-Azb.
Further, it was reiterated that Zarb-e-Azb would be taken to its logical conclusion, regardless of the cost, as terrorists and criminals would be targeted indiscriminately.
Lauding the efforts of the forces in the ongoing operations Fata, the premier said the nation was proud of its valiant Armed Forces and “highly valued the sacrifices rendered by our officers and men in fight against terrorism.”
The premier assured his full support to the army chief and said the entire nation is standing behind its armed forces in its mission to eradicate terrorism from the country.
Earlier, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said that the operation would continue until peace and tranquility in the tribal areas was reinstated permanently.