
Talking to the media at Peshawar Press Club (PPC), APNCI Chairman Sabir Hussain Awan said the organisation had earlier announced a sit-in against the blocking of ID cards. However, they changed their minds after assurances from the Peshawar deputy commissioner and other officials.
He said it was agreed during a meeting that their associations and the DC would form a committee to verify the particulars of blocked identity card holders. He said both sides agreed that previously blocked ID cards would be issued following verification by this committee.

However, he said, several days had passed by and the government had not formed the committee or made any contact with the APNCI. Awan said letters had been written to the K-P chief minister and home minister.
He said NADRA centres were creating problems instead of facilitating people. Awan asked the NADRA chairman, DIG Special Branch and other senior officials to immediately issue the withheld identity cards. He threatened his organisation would protest and hold sit-ins after March 27 if their demands are not met. Members of the APNCI, including Umar Khan, Malik Nasir, Islamuddin and Nazir Baghi, were present on the occasion.
Published in The Express Tribune, March 19th, 2015.
COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ