Abida Parveen suffers heart attack during performance

Published: November 28, 2010
Abida Parveen suffered from a heart attack while performing at a concert in Lahore. PHOTO: APP/FILE

LAHORE: Internationally acclaimed Pakistani folk singer, Abida Parveen suffered from a heart attack while performing at a musical event in Lahore on Saturday evening.

She was shifted to a private hospital, where doctors performed angioplasty on her. Doctors say the next 24 hours will be crucial, but she is out of danger and is recovering in the Intensive Care Unit.

Abida Parveen is mostly known for singing Sufi poetry but has also made spectacular performances of many contemporary poets of Pakistan.

• True Pakistani
    Nov 28, 2010 - 5:00PM

Very sad to hear that. May Allah give her good health. Ameen!!!!Recommend

• Nov 28, 2010 - 6:19PM

Hope she gets well soonRecommend

• Nov 28, 2010 - 6:54PM

Regret to hear this news, I pray To Allah for early health recovery of Abida Parveen.Recommend

• Fawad
    Nov 28, 2010 - 6:57PM

Very Sad I pray from Almighty Allah for her health.Recommend

• Asim Kaleem
    Nov 28, 2010 - 8:08PM

All prayers for our Sufi Music Legend ……….. She’s our hope ……… May Allah swt bless her with fast recovery ………. Aameen Recommend

• Salahuddin khan
    Nov 28, 2010 - 8:23PM

Indeed, Folk singer Abida Parveen is a legend for us. one comes to know the real meaning of the words when she is Singing the sufi poetry. I pray for her early recovery. . All the people of pakistan should pray for her recovery and those who have enough must help her financially. She might need their help but she would not say for herself. I am a low paid employee but certainly I would help her to my level. She is a great singer and great woman.Recommend

• blizzard
    Nov 28, 2010 - 8:38PM

man this is extremely sad….Recommend

• parvez
    Nov 29, 2010 - 12:52AM

A legend in her own lifetime, an true artist. May God help her get well so that she may spread joy around the world as she so wonderfully does where ever she performs.Recommend

• Nov 29, 2010 - 1:41AM

God help her as she suffered the heart attack and Dr. operated her Angeo Plastering. May God give her good health and long life to live serving the PakistanRecommend

• rizwan
    Nov 29, 2010 - 2:11AM

May God bless you with health .ameenRecommend

• Iqbal Khan
    Nov 29, 2010 - 2:57AM

May this immaculate soul of spiritual music have a long life!!!! Ameen Recommend

• Ali Haider
    Nov 29, 2010 - 3:33AM

May Allah give the fine lady, quick recovery. Ameen.Recommend

• m
    Nov 29, 2010 - 4:43AM

May Allah restore our great sufi singer’s health and hope to see her perform again..Abida Parveen is truly special and it will be sad not to see her perform again..God bless herRecommend

• Aristo
    Nov 29, 2010 - 11:42AM

May the legend live a healthy and long life.Recommend

• Anonymous
    Nov 29, 2010 - 7:10PM

people like her never dies, they remain alive either in hearts of people o0r as the symbol of HAQ..Recommend

• A.wahab
    Nov 29, 2010 - 7:13PM

people like here never dies, but they remaine alive either in the hearts of people or as the symbol of HAQ..Recommend

• A.wahab
    Nov 29, 2010 - 7:13PM
  • Raqib Ali
    Nov 29, 2010 - 7:29PM

May she get well soon and live for a long time with her wonderful voice. Recommend

• saleem bhayo
    Nov 29, 2010 - 9:46PM

may God bless u raag g rani,nd over dreams come true for ur health.ameenRecommend

• KK
    Nov 30, 2010 - 12:00AM

God Bless Abida Parveen, may she recover fully and continue to enthrall us for decades to come! Recommend

• FAIZ UL HASSAN
    Nov 30, 2010 - 12:18AM

I REALLY IN SHOCK ,WHEN I LISTEN THIS NEWS I AM THE FAN OF HER FROM MY HEART,ALLAH MAY GIVE HER LONG LIFE.Recommend

• Anonymous
    Nov 30, 2010 - 3:46AM

May Allah give her good health. Ameen!!!!Recommend

• waseem narai
    Nov 30, 2010 - 4:23AM

May God bless you with health .ameenRecommend

• Munazza sami
    Nov 30, 2010 - 10:35AM

really very sad and the rumor spread that she is died n i was shocked but thanks she is fine now….May ALLAH give her complete health……Recommend

• anam khushnood
    Nov 30, 2010 - 6:37PM

Abida Pavin may Allah bless you and give you long life. you are the precious diamond of our world. Allah tala ap ko sehat de, tandrusti de, shafaa de. Amin sm Amin.Recommend

• zayeem sohail
    Dec 2, 2010 - 1:12AM

abida parveen is my favourite sufism singer i like him i am very upset when i can listen the news but i am very happy to listen abida parveen is out of danger may allah give him long long long long life and allah give health to abida parveen i love abida parveen kalamsRecommend

• jamal
    Dec 13, 2010 - 8:40PM

May ALLAH bless her with good health… Recommend

• Richard Foulkes Jnr
    Jan 7, 2011 - 10:36AM

I love her voice her spirituality -God Bless you Abida get well soon…….Recommend

• MohammedAbdulHameed Khan
    Jan 7, 2011 - 11:40PM

Abida Parveen is truly special and it give me a sad attack that she is somewhat sick and really i missed her songs at Hyd in her november trip.I hope again..I coulld hear her.onshaAllah.actually Iam very found of her ghazaliyat as I remember her on highways.20 years back when I was returning from Jeddah to Medina (KSA) one Pakistani gave cassete to listen on highway and really I could not forget that highway wherein I was driving my honda and at about 0100 AM and hearing. her and till now I just heared ” mery ishq na chaya.. chal k thayyan thayyan.. tabeeba ooh when should I hear agian. jabse tu ne muijhe diwana…..May Almight Allah save her from all evils/ deseases/ and bestow on her His blessing . Allah abid aparveen ko jald aurkamil shifa ata farmay. aameeen.
    hameed khan hyderabd Recommend

• Muhammad Ahsan Haroon
    Jan 16, 2011 - 1:12AM

Abida jee, we need you. . We pray to ALLAH Almighty to give you a long and healthy life AmeenRecommend

• Abid