Six missing persons found dead

Published: November 20, 2010
Email
As many as eight bodies found during Eidul Azha

As many as eight bodies found during Eidul Azha

QUETTA: As many as eight bodies were recovered from different parts of Balochistan during the three days of Eidul Azha and six of them were stated to be missing persons. The bodies revealed bullet wounds on the skulls besides marks of torture.

According to sources, two bullet-riddled bodies were recovered near a seasonal river in Kech Kaur, near the Hirok area of Turbat on Thursday. They have been identified as Lala Hameed Baloch, President of Baloch National Movement (BNM) and Hamid Ismail. Baloch was a journalist by profession and a member of the Gwadar Press Club.

“Both were shot in the head and chest and also bore marks of torture,” hospital sources said. They had been whisked away by armed men near the Makran coastal highway. BNM announced three days of mourning and a complete strike was observed on Friday in Gwadar, Pasni, Jiwani, Turbat, Hoshap and other major population centres.

The same day, two more bullet-riddled bodies of Baloch youth were found in Kad Kocha area some 150 kilometres from Quetta. The bodies were identified as Bashir Ahmed Lehri and Inayatullah who had been missing for over two months.

Bashir was kidnapped along with Zahoor Baloch, member of Baloch Students Organisation (BSO)-Azad, during Ramazan. The latter’s body was recovered about 15 days ago in Mastung. The relatives of the slain men accused officials of killing Baloch people.

A bullet-riddled body identified as that of Samiullah Mengal, was thrown near the Ferozabad area of Khuzdar district on Wednesday. Mengal received two bullets in his head and his body bore marks of severe torture, relatives said.

“Samiullah was an activist of BSO-Azad and had been listed as missing for the past 45 days,” sources said. His family also blamed the government.

Another body was discovered on Friday, and identified as that of Nassrullah, a resident of Kapothu area in Kalat district. His relatives allege he had been missing for two months.

Talking to The Express Tribune, Chairman of the Voice for Baloch Missing Persons Nasarullah Baloch said that six dead bodies have been recovered during the three days of Eidul Azha and all the victims had been listed as missing.

“So far, more than 45 bodies have been recovered since July 4, 2010. We have decided to approach international humanitarian organisations and the UN,” Nasrullah said.

Two more dead bodies were found in the Southern area of Kalat district. Official sources termed the incident as a case of personal feud. The slain men were identified as Pir Mohammad Nichari and Mohammad Rahim Nichari.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 20th, 2010.

Facebook Conversations

Reader Comments (1)

  • akhtar
    Nov 21, 2010 - 6:58PM

    (As many as eight bodies were recovered from different parts of Balochistan during the three days of Eidul Azha) is quite alarming. No hue and cry on it from Media, Lawyers and political parties why? Silence shows favour of this act. If so than how?Recommend

More in Balochistan