KARACHI: Naegleria Fowleri took another life in the city on Thursday, taking the death toll to 13. According to senior health director Zafar Ejaz, 25-year-old Humera, was taken to Aga Khan Hospital with acute fever. He confirmed that she died of the brain-eating amoeba during treatment. Despite the repeated claims of the government that the required chlorination level is being maintained, the number of deaths has been increasing. Health officials say that this is the responsibility of the Karachi Water and Sewerage Board (KWSB), while the KWSB asserts that the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation is also responsible for providing potable water to the city’s residents.
Published in The Express Tribune, October 10th, 2014.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ