Scandal actor Columbus Short said on Friday that he would not be returning to the hit ABC drama for its next season, a month after the actor was arrested on a felony battery charge.
Short, 31, who plays Harrison Wright opposite actor Kerry Washington’s Olivia Pope character, said in a statement, “must confirm my exit from a show I’ve called home for three years.”
“Everything must come to an end and unfortunately, the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas,” he added, without providing details on the reason for his departure. ABC, owned by Walt Disney Co, did not comment on Short’s exit from the salacious political drama by hit show creator Shonda Rhimes, which ended its third season last week.
Short was charged with felony battery from a March incident in which he allegedly punched and knocked out a male guest at a Los Angeles restaurant.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 27th, 2014.
Like Life & Style on Facebook, follow @ETLifeandStyle on Twitter for the latest in fashion, gossip and entertainment.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ