Judges absent: Snag delays FSC hearing on Riba
22-year-old case had been fixed for hearing on March 24 but it has been de-listed due to non-availability of judges.
ISLAMABAD:
The Federal Shariat Court will not be able to hear the long-pending Riba (usury) case tomorrow (Monday), court officials said on Saturday. The 22-year-old case had been fixed for hearing on March 24 (Monday), but it has been de-listed due to the non-availability of judges, they told The Express Tribune. The case will be re-listed for hearing very soon, the officials added. The Express Tribune on March 2 reported that the FSC had decided to take up the Riba case on March 24. The case was remanded back to FSC by the Supreme Court in 2002 to reconsider the judgment the Shariat court delivered in 1992, declaring Riba ‘repugnant to the injunctions of Islam’.
Published in The Express Tribune, March 23rd, 2014.
COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ