Engulfed: Fire breaks out in Liaquatabad

Official says no injury has been reported although ambulances reached the area on time.


APP February 28, 2014

KARACHI: A fire broke out in a residential flat of a multi-storey building in the furniture market of Gharibabad on Thursday. The blaze was so intense that it engulfed shops and godowns on the ground floor of the building. Residents managed to evacuate the building as fire engines reached the site. “No injury has been reported although ambulances reached the area on time,” said an official.  The authorities said that the exact cause of the incident has yet to be ascertained. He was hopeful that the fire would soon be brought under control, adding that with wooden furniture, both new and old, around the affected site, the situation could turn serious. The mishap also affected the traffic flow moving from Hassan Square to Nazimabad, SITE and other areas as SM Taufiq Road, where the market is located, is a main artery of the city.

Published in The Express Tribune, February 28th, 2014.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ