Mishap: Six of a family injured in gas leak fire

Khan said his wife lit a match, following which there was an explosion and the entire room was on fire.


Our Correspondent December 28, 2013
Khan, his wife, and four children Zohaib, Amina, Abuzar and Sohail were injured. PHOTO: FILE

CHARSADDA:


Six members of a family were injured in a fire caused by a gas leak in their house in Matta Mughal Khel, Charsadda on Saturday.


A Shabqadar police official said the incident occurred in the early hours of the morning when Khastam Khan’s wife, Zarina, was making breakfast for the family. Khan said his wife lit a match, following which there was an explosion and the entire room was on fire. Khan, his wife, and four children Zohaib, Amina, Abuzar and Sohail were injured.


The official added neighbours rushed to extinguish the fire when they heard the children scream. The family was taken to a hospital in Peshawar for treatment. He suspects the fire erupted due to a gas leak.


Published in The Express Tribune, December 29th, 2013.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read