Ceasefire Violation: Pakistan rejects ‘baseless’ allegations

Pakistan remains committed to the ceasefire agreement of 2003, says foreign office spokesperson.


Our Correspondent August 06, 2013
Pakistani military authorities confirmed that there had been no exchange of fire which could have resulted in such an incident, says Chaudhry. PHOTO: FILE

ISLAMABAD:


Pakistan has rejected the Indian allegations that its troops carried out an attack across the Line of Control in Poonch that killed five Indian troops.


A statement issued by the foreign ministry in Islamabad dismissed the allegations as ‘baseless and unfounded’.

Foreign Office spokesperson Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhry said Pakistani military authorities confirmed that there had been no exchange of fire which could have resulted in such an incident.

Chaudhry said Pakistan remained committed to the ceasefire agreement of 2003. “The ceasefire agreement is an important confidence-building measure and should be respected in letter and spirit,” he added.

Islamabad also stressed the need for abiding by and strengthening the existing military mechanisms to ensure that such “ill-founded reports that have the potential of vitiating the atmosphere are avoided”. As far as Pakistan is concerned, Chaudhry said, it is committed to a “constructive, sustained and result-oriented process of engagement with India”.

“Pakistan looks forward to an early resumption of the dialogue process. It is important that both sides make serious efforts in maintaining the positive atmosphere and avoid negative propaganda,” he added.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 7th, 2013.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS (8)

Asad Khan | 7 years ago | Reply

@BruteForce: There is no discrepancy in FO about Kargil. Pak Troops didn’t cross the LOC, it is only when tactical situations changes then they established some forward screening posts.

Further, It is been reported many times that the ranks of Indian Armed Forces are infiltrated by extremist’s political organizations. Chattisinghpora Incident, Samjohta Express atrocities are just the tip of the iceberg. It was also a long established practice of Indian Army in Siachen that for the sake of medal and promotion they used to run fake operations which were eventually busted.

The issue here is not Kasab is a Pakistani or Kiwi, the issue here is that who orchestrated the whole exercise to gain what? Now Mumbai Drama is slowly unfolding, watch out for more.

Finally,

For every action there is an equal andopposite reaction

India should be mindful for Newton Third Law of Motion while thinking any stupidity.

regards,

sultan ahmed | 7 years ago | Reply

Subject is too sensitive to comments , pray to Allah Akmighty save the countries from any conspiracy of enemies.

VIEW MORE COMMENTS
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ