Balochistan projects: Dr Malik says no deal signed with China

Asks centre to complete the Dadu-Khuzdar and Zhob-Dera Ismail Khan power transmission lines.


Our Correspondent July 19, 2013
Balchistan Chief Minister Abdul Malik Baloch. PHOTO: REUTERS

QUETTA:


Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch has refuted claim that he had signed any agreements with China on a Balochistan project but clarified that an MoU had been signed on a trade corridor from Gwadar to Kashgar.


While talking to reporters in Balochistan Assembly, Dr Malik said he had talked of two things with the centre, complete the Dadu-Khuzdar and Zhob-Dera Ismail Khan power transmission lines so that Balochistan may get from six to seven hundred megawatts of electricity.

He said four national highways would be completed within two years.

“We are looking at all projects and the projects which are not in favour of people, we will not accept them.”

About a reported scuffle between police and personal guards of Senior Provincial Minister Sanaullah Zehri, the Chief Minister said the Election Commission had made the arrangements of Senate elections, when Zehri reached the assembly to cast his vote, a police officer at the gate did not allow him to take the private guards inside. He said the officer had been suspended.

While answering a question about the Reko Dik, Dr Malik said the issue is in international court and he would not take any decision without consulting friends and Balochistan Assembly.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 19th, 2013.

COMMENTS (1)

A Citizen | 8 years ago | Reply

Why is the officer who acted according to the law suspended and the Senior Minister allowed to take private guards in the assembly? Will the Supreme Court take suo moto action?

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read