NA-48: Massive rush, women rooting for PTI

Published: May 11, 2013
A citizen votes for PTI at NA-48. PHOTO: @Pakvotes

A citizen votes for PTI at NA-48. PHOTO: @Pakvotes

Na 48 – 10:30am

Major rush at 8am with scores of families lining up outside but the lady polling officer arrived 15 minutes late.

The process up till now has remained peaceful however there is no proper checking or security walk through.

A PTI stall can be seen about 10 yards away from the school as they hand out chits to people stating their voting numbers.

Majority of the women are carrying these chits.

Khalida a pathan lady from g8 who has come with her family is standing in line still contemplating who she should vote for.

But roughly the majority seems to be rooting for PTI.

• bilal hafeez
    May 11, 2013 - 1:16PM

its me ;)

• Lahori
    May 11, 2013 - 1:19PM

A few hours left for NAYA PAKISTAN!!!

• Husnain Abbasi
    May 11, 2013 - 1:22PM

I am greatly disappointing by the tactics of PTI in Islamabad and in Rawalpindi as they are playing race card in my region and if you ask any person with last name as Khan or any Pushtoon then they are simply rooting for Imran Khan because of ethnic connection. Also shame on PTI for distributing chits in many parts of my city where they think that Pushtoons are in more population where it is clearly mentioned that ” Kahta har Pukhtoon hai Imran hamara Khoun hai”. I visited Karachi recently and i have seen that even MQM is changing right now and now people from different ethnicities can be seen in that party but a New ANP is being born in Punjab rooting for people of one type of Ethncity and it is a shame and nothing else.

Politics based on linguistics and ethnicity must be banned and today atleast me will not vote for PTI as this is not the Naya Pakistan i had envisaged. My family is living here for more than 700 years but it is for the first time we have seen that recent migrants are trying to get hold of my city based on Ethnic lines and dividing the people based on the same very reason.Recommend

• bilal hafeez
    May 11, 2013 - 1:24PM

wow .. me famous

• Toba Alu
    May 11, 2013 - 2:18PM

@Husnain Abbasi:
    Come on Abbassid, according to your belief all our ancestors go back 6000 years. My ancestry goes back to about 13.7 billions years!

• OverseasPak
    May 11, 2013 - 4:00PM

@bilal hafeez

Bilal Hafeez Zindabaad!

• Ek Tha Kashmiri
    May 11, 2013 - 4:40PM

@bilal Hafiz,What is the overall situation of PTI till now?thx

• May 11, 2013 - 4:59PM

Umm… he doesn’t look like a woman.

• doom
    May 11, 2013 - 8:31PM

I voted for J. Salik! Woo!

• bilal hafeez